ISEE By the Sea is a weeklong, half-day camp to kickstart your child’s ISEE Prep. Our goal is to introduce the strategies of the test in a way that will make your student excited and more confident about their test taking abilities. As experienced ISEE tutors, we know how stressful the application and testing process can be and realize that having a positive attitude toward the test is just as important as the student’s test taking ability. Using collaborative learning and interspersing fun activities with timing and writing exercises, each student will come out of the week with a tool belt of ISEE skills, as well as a positive view of the test.
Throughout the week we will:
- Teach basic test taking strategies
- Introduce each section of the test (two 45 min sessions on each section)
- Practice timed test taking
- Build a foundation for ISEE/application essay writing
- Teach confidence building and stress reduction
- Offer optional sessions for community service and application help
- Have fun with various activities at the beach!
At the end of the week, we will offer a one on one strategy session with each student and their parents on how to proceed with their prep!